My IELTS

The IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. There are numerous tests to check ones English proficiency. However, most organizations preferred IELTS. I personally recommend one, because of its easy assessment and grading system. There are plenty of resources to prepare the test and refer past materials. Nevertheless, like any other tests, there are tips and tricks to follow. I shall discuss it in my coming blogs.




I did my IELTS on 24th September 2022 at Royal Thimphu Collage, organized by Institute of Management Studies Limited (IMSL). My Speaking test was, a day later (25th Sept) at IMSL campus. It was an Academic Module since I am planning to pursue Master of Business Administration in United Kingdom or Australia.

The test comprised of four sections namely 1) Listening, 2) Reading, 3) Writing and 4) Speaking. Overall, I obtained a band score of 7, placing me in the C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). The full band score are 9 for all the categories. Most international universities prefer band score 6 and above. The test result is usually sent to you within a week or two. The certificate is valid for only two years.

Himalayan Millionaire blog
My IELTS Score

The core objective of the test is to check your English proficiency as to prove that you have no problem in surviving in English speaking countries. Therefore, the test is not of a big deal. The questions are all related to daily experience and encounters. Ask can be as simple as “If you like wearing watches? Or “Who is your role model?”

IELTS Fee

In Bhutan, only two organizations offer the test, namely Royal Institute of Management (RIM), Simtokha and Institute for Management Studies Limited (IMSL), Serbithang, Thimphu. As of 6th June 2023, the fee is around Nu. 17,500 (USD 214.07) (USD 1= Nu. 81.75). One can directly check the available test date from the respective websites and proceed with reservation of seat and fee structure. This is usually done through online for convenience.

Conclusion 

The IELTS exam was a challenging yet rewarding experience. It has provided me with a comprehensive evaluation of my language abilities and confidence in pursuing academic opportunities. I am excited to embark on the next phase of my educational voyage.
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.