Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) / Statement of Purpose Questions

Why did you choose to study in Australia and not in your home country?

Ans: Australia is home to some of the most distinguished educational institutes in the world. In addition, the country is well equipped with advanced facilities, infrastructure and research facilities required for masters and other advanced courses.

I would have loved to study in my own country among my family and friends, unfortunately the education sector is still developing and not readily equipped with both technology and human resources to teach courses that are world-class and internationally recognized.

It is mainly designed for traditional businesses and does not focus on the new trend of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The courses do not have global context and are basically confined in classrooms. These courses do not focus on start-ups and creativity which is the need of the hour.


Why have you chosen to study in Australian institutes/ universities?

Ans: Australian Universities are well recognized in Bhutan and it’s a great credibility having studied there. I am extremely impressed that the Australian Universities have wide linkages with Start-Ups, Enterprises and Governmental Organizations and NGOs. I am affirmed that the takeaways from the university will equip me for worldly encounters and excel in all fields and become a proud alumnus.

Why have you chosen to study this course/s?

Ans: This course will help me build a strong foundation and give me a new prospective in the context of the global market. In addition, it will add more professionalism while scaling-up my existing Start-Up (Green Alliance) when coming back to Bhutan. Having done the course, the investors will have more confidence in me as a founder for smooth functioning of the company.

The concept of Entrepreneurship is fairly new in Bhutan, this course will immensely help me build credibility to disseminate the information that I have learned to fellow-countrymen and build a community of budding Entrepreneurs in my country. Lastly, this course will help me become a better manager in this ever changing business environment.

What are the key aspects of this course/s that interest you the most?

Ans: There are myriad of reasons that I look forward in the course, however, these mentions interest me the most are:
  • The impact of technological innovation to the daily societal lives.
  • The study of different business models and its feasibility in the market.
  • Design thinking is one core approach to bring about innovation and creativity in traditional business.
  • It is paramount important to learn about intellectual property and patents to protect ones innovation and creation in the business and commercialize when needed.

Please provide more details on the research you have done to base your decision to study in Australia?

Ans: The first source of information is that I have interacted with alumni who are here in Bhutan; they shared a great deal of information regarding the quality and standard of lesson delivery in Australian Universities and its credibility when required. Most of the alumni who are back, are leading successful careers like being self-employed and serving in higher job titles or few have joined national politics.

And also, I have searched the information from public domain sources like Australian Government official webpage, University promotional brochures and Magazines or Websites. Almost all the information houses have great things to say about the standard of Australian Education. And lastly, I have consulted with certified education counselors and placement firms in Bhutan.

Are you changing your area of study from previous studies or work experience? If yes, why?

Ans: I have done my Bachelors in Education in Secondary Science. However, in my final year, I was inclined towards Social Entrepreneurship. Therefore, right after my graduation, I became a full-time Social Entrepreneur. I have been doing business till date, since my graduation in June 2018. Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship is a change from my previous course, however, it’s a perfect match with my work experience and future endeavor as an Entrepreneur.

Is there a gap between the time you finished your previous studies and when you wish to recommence your studies with Australia? If yes, please explain the reasons for this gap.

Ans: Till date, I have a gap of almost four years since my Bachelors in June 2018. During my final year, I started a project themed on Waste Management. It was a very successful initiative and received numerous green project grants and accolades. Then I decided to become a full-time social entrepreneur after my graduation. Upon graduation, I registered a trade name “Green Alliance” with Ministry of Economic Affairs and approached the National Land Commission for a land lease to build a recycling plant. I have built a permanent structure and installed machines to process sorting and recycling waste. I was fully engaged in my business throughout the gap.

What are your future plans and professional aspirations? How will this course help you achieve them?

Ans: Upon successful completion of my studies, I shall be returning to my home country so that the adequate knowledge and skills I have learned at Australia could be applied in improving the efficiency of my own business named “Green Alliance” in Bhutan.

Some of the challenges as a founder were that I could not integrate innovation and creativity. This course will definitely help me to have a global view and innovate accordingly.

With the credibility of Masters from Australia, I can definitely onboard more retail and institutional investors in my project and scale-up the existing business to cater to a larger audience.

What are your job prospects and salary expectations in your home country upon completion of this course? What position/roles within the industry are you considering applying for?

Ans: As I am self employed, my focus is to scale my existing business and start new ventures in future and create employment opportunities for my community. On a personal note, it will build my educational credibility and get me more opportunities in life. I can also guide budding entrepreneurs and keep my contribution to the new trend of Entrepreneurship in Bhutan. I would definitely embrace the calling of the hour.
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.